Gregory Crewdson: In a Lonely Place
Follow us on Instagram: ccp_australia
The exhibition title In a Lonely Place comes from Nicholas Ray's 1950s film noir of the same name, one of many films that have inspired American photographer Gregory Crewdson. In a Lonely Place is evocative of an underlying mood—a quiet feeling of alienation and loneliness that links the three photographic series on exhibition at CCP.
We want you to send us your images that represent the title In a Lonely Place, in the spirit of Crewdson's work.
It could be your take on the film noir genre, the suburban uncanny, or an atmospheric photograph of a deceptively banal setting that could be the staging place for psychological dramas—as long as it is your original response to the theme.
The entrant who submits the image we think best represents this theme will receive a prize pack with the exhibition publication, Gregory Crewdson: In a Lonely Place, Abrams Publishing, New York, 2011, valued at $75, and an annual CCP membership worth $55.
The winner will be announced on the CCP website on Friday 16 November 2012.
1. Download the Instagram app for Android or iPhone and set your privacy settings to 'public'
2. Take and edit your photo
3. Upload the photo to Instagram and give it the hashtag #CCPCrewdsonComp
Entries will be limited to two per entrant.
Entry is free and open until 5pm Sunday 11 November.
The competition will be judged by CCP Director Naomi Cass, with the winner announced on Friday 16 November 2012.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Gregory Crewdson Instagram competition is open to all Australian residents.
- The number of entries is limited to two per entrant. Users found in breach of this limit will forfeit their right to compete.
- Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works. We encourage entrants to geotag their photos but this is not essential and non-geotagged images will not be excluded from the competition.
- Entry is free and open until 5pm Sunday 11 November.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not negotiable; prizes cannot be transferred. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Please note entrants who submit their image/s are subject to Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/
- CCP reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of CCP, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements; and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of CCP, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of CCP. CCP reserves the right to disqualify a winner if CCP becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by CCP. All images published on Instagram with #CCPCrewdsonComp may be moderated and displayed on the CCP website, Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram application and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that CCP may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
- In consideration for CCP awarding the prize to the winner, the winner gives CCP non-exclusive rights to use their submitted image and Instagram name in promotional formats such as announcing the winner via the CCP website, Facebook page and Twitter.
- CCP shall endeavour to contact the winner via their Instagram account within one week of choosing the winner.
- CCP shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- CCP is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
Image: © Gregory Crewdson. Courtesy Gagosian Gallery
Last Updated 07 December 2012